Sunday, July 12, 2009

Headbangin' Headbands

Ok, here's the deal. Achieving cute hair in DC's summer heat and humidity is a losing battle.

My hair vacillates between being as poof as a French poodle's fur or flatter than a pancake without yeast. So since I can't afford to have Ken Paves on speed dial, I have thrown in the proverbial towel and stocked up on headbands.

They're the perfect solution for a bad hair day -- or in this case, June to August -- plus, they're cheaper than a weave and you can start your morning without the glorious smell of burning hair.

I'll worry about styling in the Fall when a PhD in hair engineering is not required.

Headbands have seen a major revival these last few season, thanks in part to Gossip Girl, but I think they make the perfect accessory to any outfit! But for the record, I’m not a huge fan of wearing headbands around your head vs. around your hair. I like the look in the editorial pages of my favorite glossies but IMO it just looks ridiculous when you're standing in line at Starbucks. Unless you're on your way to audition for a part in Hair or as the third elf in a stage production of Lord of the Rings, it just looks costume-y.

If you’re going to make a statement with your headgear, why not do it in a more subtle, wearable way??

No comments:

Post a Comment